View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #33
jordan325ic OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Ducati Darmah - Ooooh yea. Too bad I'll have to save that one for my dreams. Expensive and rare. Beautiful machine though, aesthetically and aurally perfect.

Suzuki VX800 - Cool suggestion. Actually never heard of that one. The weird carb setup and the water cooling are the only big downsides to that, but if one pops up I will check it out. Not a huge fan of the sportsbike plastic, but it sure looks better than the comparable cruiser.

XS650s - Cult following means good parts availability but prices are going up like crazy in my area. A bit too similar to my KZ400. I've heard those XS650s have a good amount of character. The sound of a 360 twin doesn't do it for me... maybe with one of those 270 degree cranks. Why are all the great bikes that meet my criteria parallel twins??

I'm sort of surprised old Triumphs made it into this thread. I had the impression that old british bikes were prone to major problems frequently. The newer Triumphs are also pretty, a scrambler would be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post
Plenty of options even for later sporties.
I would love to see just one picture of an EVO engined sportster with a centerstand if you can find one!! ( I think that is an old ironhead sportster)

Or perhaps I could buy a sportster and then find a place to mount a 2x8 and a long pipe for emergencies...

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

jordan325ic screwed with this post 01-12-2013 at 11:53 PM
jordan325ic is offline   Reply With Quote