View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #133
Butters
. . . . . .

Oddometer: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaman View Post
Just picked one up myself. Thanks for the informative thread.

I'm hoping to put some dual sport-ish tires on mine...

Has anyone used seat concepts for their seat? Any pics?
You can see parts of my Seat Concepts seat here: http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=4280

As somebody posted, it needs to be a custom job. They actually only charged me $200 because there was a bit of delay on their end. The delay wasn't overly long and they offered the reduced price without prompting . The seat looks nice and has firmer foam than stock. I haven't found a night and day difference in comfort, but I never really found the stock seat that bad. My main justification was simply to get a black seat rather than the goofy blue on the X-Chalenges. If I had an X-Moto seat, I may never had changed.

I typically ride way up at the front of the seat. So there isn't much difference there between the SC seat and the stock one (or any other). I haven't taken a longer trip yet, but when I do I tend to use more of the seat. I think this is where the SC seat will really shine since it is wider, flatter, and firmer once you get to the main part of the seat. It does feel noticeably better when I sit there, but I simply don't use that part of the seat that much on my commute.

I got the regular vinyl. I would probably get the top in a textured material or the gripper material if I did it again. The stock vinyl is a little too slippery. Not a big deal, but a little more grip would be better.

If you are considering suede, SC has a pretty significant upcharge. I think it is about $100 and that puts it into the same price territory as a Renazco. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I have no regrets on the SC seat and may end up getting one for my V-Strom. But I'm sure I would have liked a Renazco too.