Thread: DR350 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #14179
2bold2getold
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldUKBikerGuy View Post
Many thanks to 2Bold2GetOld for the prompt response and great photos!

Now I can see that a PO has already removed my lower roller, but as he also fitted the much-sought after plastic frame guards, they obscured the mounting point. Everything seems to work fine without either roller now, so I think I'll just stick with that for now.

While I'm here, I just thought I'd show you the problems we have off-roading here in the UK.
Never mind dogs and shotguns - here they keep you out with battle tanks!

Interesting.... We've lost a lot of riding area that was available back when nobody seemed to care much if you rode on railroad and power line right of ways etc and we all took it for granted. We still have a lot more area than you guys over there, I'm sure, but it's constantly changing. Non of us should become complacent. Back years ago, they used to have (I don't know, maybe still do) an Enduro on Fort Hood. A really large, even for Texas, Army training base. I didn't get too far in it, the ignition screwed up on my "72 Ossa Pioneer, but I remember guys telling stories about getting lost and actually coming face to face with a Tank on practice manuvers, and seeing them blow the hell out of a target on a near by hill with the BIG gun. Made quite an impression by all accounts....Also noticed your "98SE has the early forks ?

2bold2getold screwed with this post 01-13-2013 at 02:17 PM
2bold2getold is offline   Reply With Quote