View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #15412
crazyjeeper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareengodiablo View Post
I'm 6'3" and am getting buffeted beyond recognition by both the stock screen and then by a 26" parabellum that I shelled out good money for (ouch!). I'm still trying to find a solution before I scrap the screen entirely, but it'd nice to have something to keep the arctic breeze at bay. I am considering getting a bracket (wasp, madstadt) to see if I can make either work better. Even though the parabellum is correctly sized for me, it just seems too damn big... Any taller riders with any thoughts on other screens or bracket solutions ? I saw a cool looking smoked puig mid-size screen but am not finding it in the US...what do people think on wasp vs. madstadt?

Thanks in advance--Russell
I'm 6'5" and I run a cal-sci x-large on a touratech adjustable bracket with the screen all of the way up and back, and the accessory wind deflectors and it works great. No buffeting at all at any speed. Now it is of course a barn door but the touratech bracket is pretty solid and it really doesn't shake much at all. I also have a madstad bracket but I can't say I'm a fan. It was impossible to get it to stay in place with the giant screen and it also holds the screen out from the bike considerably more than the touratech. This is my config.