View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #100
janliness
Battery Discharger

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velolion View Post
I also often forego a tent and instead travel with a bivouac (bivvy) sack. If you're a bit claustrophobic they're not the greatest, and in that case Nemo makes a couple killer "tents" that are actually a cross between a bivvy and a tent...pack down very small and light (they don't have poles) but they still give you some room to move around in (the Gogo LE and Moto 1P are two good examples).
Heh-heh...I remember my days of experimenting with bivvy sacks -- lasted until one backpacking trip with three straight days of rain! My one-man tent has enough room to repack the bike bags and the pole loop keeps the cold, wet tent fabric off my sleeping bag (and face!) and it's only slightly larger than a bivvy.

Nice setup on your 690 with the Kriega bags. I need to find a top bag to complement my Giant Loop. So far strapping the sleeping bag/pad/tent on back with straps works but need more rain/stream protection. I'm pretty adamant about bringing my 2"+ Thermarest Camp Rest, as I sleep lousy with the 3/4" inflatables. Do you have a local source to see the Kriegas so I can figure size?
janliness is offline   Reply With Quote