View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #43
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyred View Post
Do you not have legislation in the US to which such a trailer should comply? We here in Europe have lots of regulations, and one of them is that you are not allowed to have any trailer attached to your motorcycle or scooter in any other way then trough a towing hook. So no single wheel trailer, no fixed mount to the bike, etc etc.

This all makes it a little bit more difficult, and certainly more expensive then the cheap trailer examples we see in the most posts. Motorcycle luggage trailers over here are quite expensive, mostly around € 1.500 and upward....

So, I am thinking of building one of my own.
\
Nope I walk into the agent where i live and fill in a form and they issue reg and a plate for it at least in BC Canada. Reg as u built trailer. If you want to spend the cash the pv 41 single wheel trailer clone are being sold for 600 bucks by royal enfliend usa online. Considering the company in India that makes they sell them for 400 bucks in India its an ok deal if you can't weld . Myself I m touring as soon as some money comes in the next 4 months. The only issues is Helix or C3 cube. With the helix I can build a sidecar and carried more stuff and go faster. With a c3 I can build a single wheel trailer go father for less. WHen you don't have any issues with time then it makes it harder to choose. Since I will never have to be home for kids ,wife , morage etc you have to choose wisely.

fullmetalscooter screwed with this post 01-13-2013 at 07:17 PM
fullmetalscooter is offline   Reply With Quote