View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #419
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,621
Thank you Droptrotter for the timed test, couldn't ask for any more insight.

The board and Vendor have been really helpful in me developing a feel for the system. So far in my mind the traits of the Kreiga system over my current Coyote:

Pro's: Waterproof (big points), more packing friendly shape of the rectangle than the odd shaped Coyote

Con's: Rear buckle interferes with seat comfort (in my eyes at least), strap intensive for compressing bags (8 total to adjust versus 4 on Coyote) that adds a bit of ergonomic complexity but may benefit with a more secure load.

My only experience with side bags was when I ran Dirt Bagz on bikes for a few years.

So I had a strap across the rear of the seat. The Dirt Bagz strap was even less intrusive than the Kriega however after sliding back and forth across the plastic buckles for a week it became annoying. I even tried to place the buckles out of the way as possible as suggested by Droptrotter, but could not get them completely out of the way.

One issue I had with the Dirt Bagz was flopping about over rough terrain.

The Dirt Bagz were secured seemingly along the same attachment point locations as the Kreiga: Over the seat srap, foremost bottom corner of the bag to the frame, and rear most high point of the bag (DB was mounted with a sleeve over a bracket mount at roughly the same point). Why would I expect the Kreigas to be that much more stable?

Again thank you for the frank discussion.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote