View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #77
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgrn View Post
That is good to know. The power factor I was having trouble with, but I realize this is no sport bike and I racked up enough tickets on my last one to make 6 months of payments. The temptation to give a one wheel salute was too much. My riding style has changed and I am also a little older now. It is funny how purchasing a bike feels a bit like meeting a new girl. Your a little nervous about her until you take her for a few rides, then the pressures off and you relax and just enjoy the company.

Exactly how many other bikes of similar cubic capacity out there, that can do solo fun riding *AND* two-up touring really well? Not so many at the moment, I think. Most similarly priced alternatives fall a bit short on the two-up bit at least.

For fun riding, IŽd get rid of the crappy Bridgestone OEM tyres, though, handling improves a lot, when you get some better rubber on its wheels. Beats me, why they still fit those at the factory, as most test rides are taken on them, and they actually make the bike feel worse than it is. Suzuki shoots themselves in the leg by using them.

I fully agree with the girl part....

Pecha72 screwed with this post 01-14-2013 at 12:20 AM
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote