View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #21
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,096
Most like to do it alone but I found that the company, encouragement and banter between me and two of my riding friends made it more enjoyable. Streaming music, books, news, talk shows and especially raunchy comedy when you are a little tired makes it MUCH less boring. (Investigate Pandora Radio) It's actually pretty easy. We did just under 1100 miles in 17.5 hours. Take mints, sour candy and red hots to stimulate your brain for a few minutes every so often. Eat many small snacks and meals, stay away from big carb and fat loaded meals. Stay hydrated, if you get thirsty, you are already behind the 8 ball! Become proficient at plugging tires quickly. Rest and eat well a couple of nights beforehand. My buddy struggled a bit as he did it on four hours of sleep the night before leaving, it was dumb but he didn't want us to change plans so he didn't tell us until we were around 750 miles into our trip.

There is no need to speed!!! The few minutes you gain will be wasted on the 45 minute stop to chat with the state trooper and the $300 fine!

Everything you need to know. Read and learn: http://www.ironbutt.com/tech/aow.cfm

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 01-14-2013 at 10:55 AM
Eddy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote