View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #8377
Yellowdatsun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Just saw this thread on here. I apologize for not going back and reading a 559 pages, so if I say something dumb please forgive me.

I recently picked up a low mile 2009 KLR650. Bone stock, and in great shape. I always wanted one since the new fairing came out in 2008, and the week before christmas, the stars aligned, and I stumbled on this one by accident.

I used to have a 1998 that was all kitted out, back in the 2003-2005 era. Loved it, but had no one to ride with, so I sold it. Just after I sold it my buddy bought a Gen 1 KLR, and I've been kicking myself ever since then that I got rid of it. The bike had everything too, windshield, heated grips, for brace, Corbin dished seat, trunk, saddle racks and Covercraft bags, highway pegs, and all the maintenance items like the switch bypass, carb vent, and doohickey.

Some items I will be doing on my Gen 2 bike, but for the time being at least I won't be going all out like the old one. I'm also afraid because this one is so pretty, not the tank like the old bike.

Anyways, I've been looking to meet fellow riders, so hopefully me and my buddy (who thankfully still has his KLR) can join you guys either on a run or at the meeting spot.

Also, we ride MX/trail bikes too, so is there anyone who also does that? I've got a CRF450X. Would be nice to find some MX riders as well. We're 38, and not pro's by any means, just want to have a good time.
Yellowdatsun is offline   Reply With Quote