Thread: Norra 2013
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #450
Strong Bad OP
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild View Post
Don't get your hopes up. From what I'm hearing, it looks like only an hour of NEW work for the 2013 roadbooks (might be a new intersection, or new stop sign somewhere along the way). Honoring The Past for sure, the other part maybe not so much. If you expect or want something more interesting or challenging, especially navigation wise, I suggest you write to NORRA and express your opinions about what you want the course and roadbooks to look like. They seem pretty happy with what it was last year, which is why I spend my free time doing Grand Rally and Diabolical roadbooks instead.
I personally embrace the vintage aspect of the event and I hope that Honoring the Past is the prime reason for holding the event. This event is never going to have the navigational challenges everyone dreams about while watching the Dakar on TV. I've basically said this many times before, but here are only so many ways to get from Mexicalli to Cabo. Unless you just fell off of the turnip truck, more than likely you've raced those routes many times. Even SCORE has major problems finding routes going south. More and more private property and fenced off/gated access is the rule these days and the days of open access are long gone. Unfortunately, much of what is available in the North has been hacked up by the big SCORE vehicles and few people enjoy miles and miles of VW sized whoops.