View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #1981
DavidD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oronick View Post
I have my eye on the 1090 Adv as a great touring bike (90% tar). Very capible of doing of doing gravel roads. Given my very average off road skills I would be terrified to take the 1090 on any serious off road....one serious drop and its very expensive.
Will keep my XT 660 Tenere for proper adventure riding, its alot more robust if you drop it.
Am I being a big girl?
Maybe!!

I took my 990 off road on Saturday and made the mistake of lending my bike to one of the group I was with, just so they could make a comparison to their own bike. A kilometer up the track he promptly dropped it on its side

Anyway all was ok, with the handguards, engine bars and luggage rack taking the strain - just lifted it up and away we went. The new 1190 will be the same as long as you have the engine bars, luggage rack and a decent sump guard.

I have a KTM 350 Enduro bike for racing, but the 990 and then the 1190 when I get it will do everything else. As long as you have decent tyres I'm not sure you will need your XT 660. But your call, you can never have enough bikes!!
Moto Guzzi Griso
BMW HP4 Competition
DavidD is offline   Reply With Quote