View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #13
StuartV
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 1,355
I moved from Tallahassee out here to the Wrong Coast last year. After living in the Tallahassee area for 38 of my 46 years, I know the humidity down there very well. A couple of years before I moved, I got my Motoport Air Mesh Kevlar jacket and pants.

http://www.motoport.com/index.php?op...d=27&Itemid=15

The jacket lists for $450 (without the liner), so it's in your price range. And, it's custom made to your measurements, so fit should be perfect.

IMO, the Motoport air mesh Kevlar gear is the ONLY gear that is worth wearing* in those FL conditions. You can go with their Aerotex waterproof/breathable liners, if you want, for when it's raining. Mine do work well and, I think, breathe better than any other gear I've seen. But, it's expensive compared to just buying some Frogg Toggz to put on over your suit when you need to.

In FL, I don't think there is ANY way to ride in the summer, in the rain, and not arrive either wet from rain or wet from sweat. But, I think the MP air mesh with the Aerotex liner is probably going to get you there the dryest (no rain, and the least sweating) of all your available options.

* Okay, I'm not saying if you don't have MP gear you should just wear nothing. I'm just saying that leather or a jacket/suit like a Roadcrafter is just too hot. And anything less protective than the MP gear, leather, or a Roadcrafter is not sufficient protection. I.e. I personally will not ride with less protection than at least what a Roadcrafter gives.
Racer, Drummer, Bassist, Software Engineer
StuartV is offline   Reply With Quote