View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #10267
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,789
For sale: 1987 Toyota Pickup, 4x4, manual 5-speed transmission, extra cab.

Current mileage: 206,XXX

I bought this truck in the summer of 2010 with ~187,000 miles. I rebuilt the engine right away to make it a dependable runner. It has mainly been used for camping/riding and commuting to work when it's too icy for a bike ride.

The list of work done to it is long, and I believe I have all of the receipts saved. I have documented all of the services and repairs done since I have owned it and will be happy to share a copy.

The motor has new pistons, rings, timing chain, metal backed timing chain guides (plastic ones are the weak point of this motor), oil pump, water pump, new clutch at time of rebuild, and more...

In the last 15,000 miles:

New shocks all around, new tires, brakes, system flush, transmission, xfer case and differental oils all replaced, basically everything has been touched and gone through.

The body has typical rust, but I consider it to be very little for a Toyota this old. The interior is a little dirty but cleans up nicely. The seats have covers and are clean underneath but the drives side does have some tears from normal use. The dash has a crack or two in the foam from age (I would like to see a Toy this old that doesn't have this feature!).

I average 18 MPG with mixed hwy/city driving.

Call 303.912.8523 or PM me if you want to talk about it. Come test drive it, I assure you will not be disappointed. It is a smooth running truck.

Asking $3200. Clean Colorado title in my name.

Olas is offline   Reply With Quote