View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #90
C-Rad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
You really don't have to hit much pavement at all as most of the trails around the entire area are interconnected and there are certainly places to start within a mile or two of pavement to get you to others. There are also trails that start right at Byrds that can lead you to the same places with nothing more than crossing a paved road. It will just depend on who you're following and where they want to go.

The only place you might like to go that would involve any pavement at all would be the Oark Cafe to get some pie, and that's only about 10 miles from Byrds
Thanks for the info Krabill, and all the others that shed some light. Well too soon to tell I guess really, whatever sneakers are on the bike when I get there is what Ill run. I have done some pretty nasty trails with just the stock tires and have had some people say Im crazy for 1. taking a KLR on some of the trails 2. the bike is too heavy for anything but gravel roads. I guess Im just stubborn. I just take certain sections of trails slower than what could be done faster on a lighter more dirt oriented bike I guess. Not knowing how another bike would feel on the same trails Ive ridden is probably the saving grace for the ignorance I have. Im just gonna drop to a 14tooth counter and make sure I got some good tread. tools to fix what I break, hopefully nothing and tag along with some folks with similar riding interests.

Aside from the catered meals, what does everyone usually bring? Tent, no brainer. I assume its a communal bonfire? is beverage provided in the price of registration or is it wise to BYOB. Im trailoring the bike in so plenty of room for whatever I need to bring. So looking forward to this.
C-Rad is offline   Reply With Quote