View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #44
Shesaid
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
Other than a week in Vermont, what do you need this tent to do? Be super lightweight? Scrunch down small so you can pack it into tight spaces? Be free-standing? Sleep 1? Sleep 2? Sleep 3? Sleep 2 and hold extra gear?

The motorcycle is new for me-- tents! Now TENTS I know. I've been accused of having more tents than friends-- but if I get more friends, I have enough tents for all of us.

I suggest checkingout Coleman's website. Look at their backpacking tents-- the exponent line. I have two tents from this line. They are both simple, free standing, dome tents. They are competitively light and small, and significantly less expensive than the MSRs, Keltys, Sierra Designs, etc. Mostly: I have spent 100's of nights in them and never gotten wet in pouring rain, hail and snow. Absolutely amazing tents for the price.

The only one I like better is my Henry Shires Tarptent. Which has also kept me warm and dry in rain, hail, and snow-- although I don't recommend the snow, it was totally unexpected. But the thing weighs almost nothing and packs as easily as a garbage bag, it's hard not to love it.
Shesaid is offline   Reply With Quote