View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #3791
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 2,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep95 View Post
Hi everyone

LONG time lurker, first time poster. I'd like to say that this thread really swayed me to the Stelvio. I bought mine in June and just did my 10,000 km service. Amazing machine. It has yet to disappoint. Its my daily commuter in the summer, two up tourer, and iron butt style riding machine. I did find the weight intimidating at first (I weigh 160 lbs) on some sketchy trails but I'm getting used to it and adjusting my riding style. With the riding gear, I switched out to the Darien jacket and pants a few years back. I couldn't ask for anything more versatile and highly waterproof. Regardless of weather, I always ride wearing them and just open vents to suit the temperature. Aerostitch will customize their garments to suit your body and riding style. I've tried many "off the shelf" jackets and having them add 2" below the elbow made a huge difference.
Welcome Mike, and thanks for the input on the Darien. I've never heard a bad thing about any of the Aerostich gear, and now they're adding to their line w/ the AD1/Light which is 3-layer GoreTex similar to KLIM's Badlands Pro, but about half the price. Ah the dilemma!!!

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote