View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #32527
KansasBob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
I have a question for you. Last spring I cracked/broke/mangled the multi-function display on my WR. It still functioned except for the back light so I just left it and used it as is. I couldn't read it at night but that wasn't a big deal to me. Now in the dampness of winter it's finally quit displaying anything. All the leds still work but the display is kaputski. So my question(s). Should I replace it with a stock display or go with a Trail tech or Vapor tech display? What are the advantages/disadvantages of either? Will a new display show the correct mileage or will it start from 0? If 0 is there a way to program in the mileage? Is there a way to read this info from the broken display?

That's enough for now
It's part of your Fuel Injection computer, and the bike won't run without it. If you buy a used one it will read the mileage that was on the other bike when it was taken off. I don't know if your local Yammi dealer has the ability to go in and manipulate the mileage like car dealers can on newer cars..... they might, but I would guess not.
KansasBob is offline   Reply With Quote