View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #49
Dukeryder

Oddometer: 7,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko View Post
..And, Hondas are not the cat's meow either... take the one that just got crashed- driver airbag mulfunctioned. It deployed but just partially somehow- was supposed to deploy given location of impact and speed, but it did not. There are several accounts of this issue, but of course every owner is stupid and Honda knows better.
While Hondas may not be flawless, they are MUCH more reliable than ANY new VW or Volvo. I've only owned 1 Honda and it was an '01 with the junk automatic but even with that fatal flaw it was 10x more reliable than the more than dozen VWs I've owned (put 30K on that car in a year and half and only lost $1,500 from what I initially paid). My girlfriend's 07 Accord just rolled over 110K and until now it's had zero work done to it other than oil and tires . I just did the coolant and ATF for her. Now if were a VW it would've need $1000s in repairs by now. I've never met anyone that regretted buying a NEW Honda, but I've met many that regretted the day the walked into the VW dealer. Just read some of the Consumer Reports and reviews on Edmunds.

If you're comfortable shelling out $30K for a VW that'll need $2,000/yr in maintenance after the short warranty period expires, and when you do have warranty claims the dealer will delay and try to weasel their way out of; then go for the VW. Oh yeah and after 5 or 6 years the car will be hard to sell and be worth at least 30% less than a comparable Honda or Toyota.

Dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote