View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #16
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Oddometer: 2,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnitonagain View Post
Im gonna fu*kin SNAP!!! im trying to get the God damned thing on its center stand and she aint going WTF!!! I cant let it stay on the kickstand in the basement until APRIL! HEL-PP!!!!!
yes, just don't let it fall over. don't know if you mentioned a side-stand re locator or not. you need one, but there is no problem leaving it on the side stand indefinitely. just shut off the fuel at each petcock, add something to keep the gas from going bad, and not worry about it.

the center stand can be a bitch at first but once you get it, you will be ok. use the back passenger handles to help lift the back while standing on the center stand. you should be able to get it up.....sorry, had to say it ... and this allows for a more confident stand, and greater ease of access to the bike for maintenance.

welcome aboard. i just got mine a little over a month ago and have been reading everything i can. i'm sure you will be too, especially since you cant ride. i remember those days, that's why i live in arizona now.

laters,

laramie

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote