View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #87
globalklr650 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Doogle,

Thanks for the pointers.

I have upgraded upper subframe bolts that came with my engine guards. Eagle mike said they looked fine.

For the shock i wanted to get a new one but we are low on money. After traveling for 7 months there is not much left. We have rode the bike with over 1,000lbs on paved and rough roads for 25,000km so i thought i would see how long It lasts. We never bottom out because i ride very slow ( you can see some of the rough roads on 2012theperfectworld youtube, 15 has the really bad roads). With the weight we have, the kickstand only works if i can find a hole to put it in or the right slope. We have the center stand too that we can use with the luggage on the bike. If the shock fails hopefully we will be ok. Then we will call mexican roadside assistance with cell phone or spot and get free towing. Then we will have to try and get the parts, this is All part of the adventure. I just hope subframe bolt failure and/or shock failure will not cause an accident.

With no schedule for our trip we can prepare less and just see what happens. Lots of time
For adventure. I am happy i got HH EBC front brakes and new tires and chain/sprockets in sam diego though. Lot less to worry about. The UNI filter
Is great too. Easy to clean and lots more power. I got up to 140km/h with all the weight on a level road and only slowed down for a curve. I think the bike could have done 150km/h.

The below picture is the tire after riding in wet red clay on the dirt road south of san Felipe. The clay got every where and stopped the horn from working until i cleaned it. We picked it out of the tire because i had little tracking and big pieces would fly off as i was riding.

http://www.facebook.com/theperfectworld2012
globalklr650 is offline   Reply With Quote