View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #45
davevv
One more old rider

Oddometer: 2,324
You have to be really patient to find a good deal on any Harley in this part of the country. You also need to check CL several times a day and be ready to buy immediatley when you see what you're looking for. In a year of looking for an XL1200R, I missed one '04 with low miles that went for $3800 and then showed up again on CL the next week at $5800. That bike was only on CL at $3800 for about an hour. Finally found the '04 I bought about six months ago with only 3750 miles for $4300. A buddy of mine bought an '03 1200 with 23k miles for $3k the same day. He'd been looking for a long time also, and both of those were pretty good buys in this market.

You mentioned that some of the suggested bikes would be out of your budget, but I don't remember you ever mentioning just what the budget is. It might help narrow the field if you gave us some idea of what you're willing to spend.

By the way, parts are available for old Guzzis if you know where to look. The WIldguzzi.com forum is the best place to start. Also be aware that some years/models may have issues that are expensive to fix if they haven't already been corrected on the particular bike you may be looking at. Look to the same forum for that info as well.

davevv screwed with this post 01-15-2013 at 09:09 PM
davevv is offline   Reply With Quote