View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #4307
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMEXPAT View Post

With some effort, I could correct these problems at the next service by installing the correct fork springs for my weight and increasing the amount of oil, by about 10mm. I'm on the fence about the oil weight 10 or 7. I just need more oil so it firms up for the last half of travel. At least this what I seem to remember what adding oil does to front suspensions.
How much do you weigh (perhaps I missed this)? I weigh about 200lbs and haven't experienced any of this on mine. Even a sport bike would "blow through" it's travel if you landed a wheelie hard.

I also haven't experienced excessive dive. There's an off ramp that I take that is down hill, fast and rolling dips in the middle of it. I find it's an excellent test of front suspension and have taken most bikes I've owned in the last ten years down it. On the Multi I hit it at about 90mph and absolutely bury the front. On most bikes this means once you get to the rollers the front end has nothing left and you often have to let off or take the pounding of a locked front end. The 'Strada just soaks it up - there seems to be an additional something even with the forks at the bottom of their stroke.

While it does dive more than a sportbike (duh) it's nothing compared to most "adventure" bikes. Even though I have the "cheap" Multi (no Ohlins) I don't think I've experienced a bike with such good suspension off the show room.

YMMV