View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #117
mototifosi
what does this one do?

Oddometer: 449
Strata vs. Teegray

I have spent a good deal of time back to back on both of these. The Strada was "non" Ohlins. I kept expecting in the beginning that my 1050 would feel a tad heftier than the Duc. And it is a few pounds heavier but they hold thier weight a bit differently. But after doing back to backs all day long in the twisties in wine country and coastal I was amazed that I didn't really prefer the Duc by such a wide margin. And belive me, I "WANTED" to prefer the Duc so I would have an excuse to take the plunge. Now granted, my suspension was dialed in by Dave Moss, I had Pro Taper Charmichael bars on mine, Remus can, etc... so the weight was paired down and the suspendors were made to work but after getting off the Duc mine felt "almost" as nimble and actually for sure more comfortable. My ergo's were dialed, not so on the Duc. If you go a step further such as JN did on the suspension, it "really" transforms the bike. But that F1 sound and tractor grunt the triple produces are magic.

Pushed to the very limit (8/10 to 9/10ths) I'm sure the Duc would win but anything up to that point the "Tiger" really is a great all rounder. What stacks the Duc's deck is the electronics pkg on the Ohlins "S" model. Now your talking some difference but you are also talking many thousannds of $$$ as well.

To the gent who reasoned the low resale: Triumph is the hottest ticket right now. Fit, finish, reliability, performance, price, support, models etc. are "Top Notch". It just means you the purchaser get an "outstanding" bang for the buck. I had mine for over 4 years and I usually switch out every 2 to 3 years.

mototifosi screwed with this post 01-16-2013 at 11:15 PM
mototifosi is offline   Reply With Quote