Originally Posted by Puddle
To all. I have my DR750 running well now after cleaning the carbs and changing various jets and needles. It will now start at the push of a button in sub zero weather. At this point my bike has about 27,xxx kilometres on it. The only item that needs attention is the beak which has a crack where it attaches to the upper portion of the fairing. THE QUESTION IS...to those who have modified the BIG...what modifications would do, if you were doing it again? I'm looking for a list to consider moving forward. Appreciate everyones input.
What I done and would do again
1. WP Extreme Forks and Beringer 4pot caliper
2. Wilbers rear shock
3. Benelly Tornado titanium exhaust with DYI link pipe
4. Cut out aitfilter cover
6. DIY or aftermarket aluminium sump guard
7. DYI crash bars
8. Second set of wheels - supermoto size 17" with sticky tyres.
9. Aftermarket handlebar
10. LED rear light
12. DYI or Hessler rear chain guide based upon RMZ450 block
13. Chain deflector on upper side of swingarm to avoid chain hitting wall of supermoto tyre.
14. Chain oiler (PDO in my case)
15. SW Motech small tank bag attaching to ring on tank filler cap.
16. Wide footpegs
17. DYI panniers carrier
18. Lars (Resi) idle adjuster screw
19. Tool tube on rhs rear
20. SW motech or any hand guards with aluminium bar.
21. LED aux lights from Vendor's section on ADV
In any case worst parts of DR is exhaust, front brake, forks and shock.
All above is IMO based on about 60 000 km done with my ever modified DR that is sold now :)