View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 03:25 AM   #22
RTLover
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveoneshot View Post
..OK, who's over 70 ?? C'mon , be honest and tell everyone about your reaction times, your bad back, your eyes, your concentration abilities, balance, carpal tunnel pain, arthritis, and recent dental work. All the cool things we think about all day.....Me, I ain't too bad, but I do, at times, while riding the Airhead, think that I sure don't want to fall over any more. I have to shake those thoughts off before I start having fun. Any takers ??
Close enough, 67. At this juncture, I just take the negatives in stride. The main thing for me is to not say 'I used to do X', or 'I never had Y problem before'. Instead, I look around and think, 'that guy is my age and he can hardly walk with that extra 50 pounds on his gut'. I am sooooo glad I never smoked, that my weight is that same as when I was in college, and that I kept myself in good shape. Sure, bumps, sometimes deep potholes, along the path but the only way to avoid them is to die first. I don't ride as hard or as long as I used to...I ain't stupid. 'Man's got to know his limitations.'