View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 04:55 AM   #775
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Lima

Lima

A KLR belonging to one of the Colombians I met at Motoperformance Peru

Motosperformance Peru discovered I had worn out my brakes! Heavy loads on mountain roads do take a toll. Fortunately I brought spare brake pads with me.

Police bikes at Motoperformance Peru

The other Colombian biker's bike at Motoperfomance Peru

Brand new Honda Transalp at Motoperformance Peru. I'm not sure but I don't think this bike is available in Canada

There were a lot of nice bikes at the shop. I can only imagine what it must be like to ride a guided missile like this along the desert highway.

Brice and Juan Carlos at the market

Trusty the KLR gets some TLC

Breakfast at the market

Motoperformance Peru

Kedgi with a Moto Cop. He rides a 750 Honda inline 4. It must be very old.

The little blue police bikes are actually bikes that belong to a force that helps the Police. They are immediate responders and they call the Police if a situation escalates.

Which reminds me they asked me, at the shop, if I was going to take my old tires with me. I said I wouldn't because i was so glad to get rid of the extra load. The guys at the shop said they will give them to the Police who ride their tires until they are bald because that's all the budget will allow. I have to say Metzler Tourances are the best tires i have ever ridden. They wear like iron and they stick like glue. My tires brought me from Houston Tx to Lima Peru and could easily have gone farther. I wanted to change them here because of the mountains i am about to go up in, but they could have gone a lot farther I'm sure.

Trusty had a bath at Motoperformance Peru She's never been so clean

Ricardo and Johnny and their receptionist/cashier who's name I hared a dozen times but for the life of me I can't remember. I AM getting old.

Ricardo, Johnny and me with the Colombian riders

I can't say enough about the service I received at Motoperformance Peru. They dropped everything to work on my bike and Juan Carlos' bike. We were treated like royalty. Ricardo and Johnny both speak excellent English and obviously care about their customers and love their work.

The mechanics working on Trusty

Finished

Kedgi

Kedgi screwed with this post 01-16-2013 at 05:19 AM
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote