View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
GatorGuy
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Scala Rider G4 will not turn on

I had mine turn off by itself after I made my first phone call and used the VOX feature to answer the phone. When I got home to "turn it off" much to my surprise, it was already turned off. When I tried to turn it on, it would not turn on.

When I plugged it into the charger, the red light would turn on, but even following the "reset" instructions of charging it for 10 seconds and unplugging it, did not work. I waited several days and tried to turn it on many times unsuccessfully. I found this thread and thought that maybe there is a VOX issue. I was going to call Cardo Systems for warranty work, but procrastinated for almost 2 weeks. Today, I brought it with me to work to finally get it serviced and when I turned it on, it powered up, paired with my phone and turned itself off.

I did this several times. I finally plugged it into the computer and turned it on while plugged into the computer and so far it has stayed on. I called Cardo Systems and they were very nice and quick to give me directions on how to send the unit back. They said it would take about two weeks to get it from me, look it over, fix it (or replace it) if needed, and return it to me. I gave them the URLto this thread and the support person said he didn't think it had anything to do with the VOX or voice feature as this has happened before, but is not a regular problem with the units.

I guess packing a billion features into a tiny little electronic piece of equipment is only good as long as it works. We'll see...
---
Shut Up and Ride!!!
www.GatorRiders.com

GatorGuy screwed with this post 01-16-2013 at 10:44 AM
GatorGuy is offline   Reply With Quote