View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #13915
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,798
speed is only 30% of the calculation... not the primary factor by any means

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Did the Aliens win stages their first Dakar? Seems obvious to me that Caselli is a pretty smart fellow and a quick study. Probably a real good temperment for endurance racing too. He'd be right there if he hadn't lost those 3.5 hours. Like I posted earlier, he's got the outright speed to beat any of these guys. He just has to learn the other skills required for this type of racing.
I agree with everything you wrote... but there is just one thing I have to point out in your post.

I dunno... it might be an American racing thing (RG uses it in almost every post stage Dakar interview he's done for the last five years), but the old; "If it wasn't for (insert random misstake or misfortunate incident here)... we'd be leading this dang thing...!"

It is the awareness of, takinhg steps to minimise and ultimately the management of the unpredicatbilities that riddle the dakar from start to finish, that defines a winner... an alien is one who can do it repeatedly.

Lewis Hamilton would have been world champion this year... if it wasn't for the three blokes in frony of him in the points table.

"What ees all 'zis f5uss about...?"
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote