Just an update on what seems to be final and most frustrating step in finishing this project... The rear O2 sensor.
After purchasing and returning an O2 sensor socket and then a sensor wrench, nothing seemed to fit in there. I finally got a good set of boxed crows feet wrenches and the 22mm got it out with an extension. A little heat, PB Blaster and a tap with a hammer got it loose. However now that it's out the new sensor is not quite fitting in, i figured i just needed to grind out the little lip again and it would drop in. As it turns out there is a weld mark in the way, so I need to take the header off the bike. I tried to sneak it out of the rear but it's not happening, I'm going to need to remove the rear wheel and shock... hopefull that will give me enough room to get the header out and grind out the access weld metal on the rear header loop.
What a PITA!
2010 KTM 990 Adventure
1978 Harley FX cut down