Old 01-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #1266
kuhjunge
3wheel enthusiast

Oddometer: 336
Milady's SUZI

Here a few WeeStrom pics from our ride in Lappland

Sauerkraut & Tofuwurst - vegan bikers ride through Finland

Milady taking a well-deserved sunbath

The highlight of our day 2 was the ride through the Pönttövuori tunnel nearby Jyväskylä. It's an old deserted railroad tunnel. The track and ties have been removed and loose gravel is left. What a better way to test one's own bravery. I had serious worries whether my better half will manage with the Suzi. The tunnel is about 1.2km long, was finished in 1918 and used until 1995. Thanx to the BMW GS meeting folks - I had the pleasure to ride this once before.

Inside the tunnel its pitchblack, you have no idea what there will be in the way or in the waterholes. The stones underneath you are moving and make the ride rather wobbly. A few ups and downs have formed over the time ... so enjoy the ride through it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-RyW...&feature=g-upl

and BTW, I have Xenon lights at my bike - not the old and sad BMW "pocketlamp".

Skippy made it!

I thought that if she manages this, she will be able to manage anything. She was a bit shaky. It was a good decision to have the break with food afterward the tunnel and not before :)

On the way from Ruka to Rovaniemi we found the most stunning gravel road. It was marked grey in the big street map of Finland (1:800 000) and when we came drove there, we saw a welcome sign (it says Unmaintained street - driving at own risk)

Also a WeeStrom needs a rest ...

kuhjunge is offline   Reply With Quote