View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #58
Dukeryder

Oddometer: 7,371
Japanese Still Top the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourKraut View Post
You are stuck in the 90's. I've had three flawless new VWs since 2000 and my workmates have had incredible problems with their civics and accords. You seem very convinced but we have more VWs than Hondas where I work and the only really strange stuff comes from the japanese side. I won't even get into my 2010 and 2011 subaurus that were both piles of garbage. The first one was bought back by subaru and I traded the second in on a VW when SOA continued dicking me around (and the subaru dealers were horrid). Where are you getting $2K a year maintenance? They get oil changes every 10K miles like just about everything else out there these days.
My sister(only one in the family still stuck on the VAG junk), owns an Audi TT '01 or '02 the one with the baseball glove interior and in the last year it's needed a new ECU, and a Turbo! Her Boyfriend's 2012 R8 Blew the Engine @ 3,000miles, of course that was warranty claim. Check out the reports on the 2007 VW EOS, one of my coworkers had one that wouldn't stay in alignment after dozens of trips to the dealer, top never sealed and VW WOULDN'T lemon law it, and she couldn't sell it with all the problems!

My ex's Mother had a B5 Passat that fortunately had the 100K extended warranty (offered for a short time about 10 years ago) and it was at the Dealer monthly getting stuff fixed, Tranny, Intake, Throttle Body, in <5 years she had a shoebox full of the warranty papers. My last ever was a 98 A3 GTI, NEVER again what a F'ing P.O.S.

Even IF VW has recovered from Poor Reliability that plagued the Brand from 1993 through at least 2003, they still have PISS POOR Resale value, and The Dealers are still AWFUL. I think as recently as 2 years ago the Toureg was rated as one of the worst cars.

I've lived a lot of places in the last 10 years and I've yet to meet ANYONE that was happy with their VW, other than enthusiasts with highly modified A1 and A2 VWs...

While VW might not be the bottom of the heap in 2012, it's far from being in the top 10!
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2...iable-new-cars
http://www.forbes.com/sites/moneybui...012//index.htm

CR rated the Impreza as tops in its' category in 2012, can't argue with their independent testing: Despite their winy nit picking staff.

Dukeryder screwed with this post 01-16-2013 at 02:06 PM
Dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote