View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #59
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 34,661
I had a 2000 Civic, kept up with maintenance yet it got all sorts of leaks into the trunk, the muffler fell off....twice, and the engine was gulping down oil at 160k. There were a bunch of other issues too, I think I had a Civic death watch thread on here. It kept going, but that's because I had no other option and had to live with all the shit it threw at me.

The 1997 Accord before I got it had the front suspension fail while driving then with me the brakes failed it's been a head ache.

To get it in decent running shape would have been 3,000 dollars and that's for an automatic that's 16 years old with 135k so that tranny could go at any minute for another what 1-2k? Some cars used to really suck like the Sebring in my family which has had 20k+ of work put in under warranty. But the 200 is supposed to be a lot more reliably. Really most auto makers are getting better....while at the same time Toyota and Honda are having more and more issues as they grow.

Oh and:

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

NikonsAndVStroms screwed with this post 01-16-2013 at 03:25 PM
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote