View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #318
therivermonster OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusgatos View Post
Hard to say, but you'll get a feel for it. Try slicing the high ridges off with a razor blade, and see if it cuts through cleanly, without sticking to the blade. Forgot to mention that shaving down those ridges with a razor blade also works really well. Forget the name of it, but there's a long thin cheese-grater-looking tool that makes quick work of shaping soft bondo (not shown). Then I usually switch to course files to even out those compound curves. Concave surfaces are a little more difficult, so shaping and sanding while soft makes all the difference.
Thanks for the tips. The pic of tools is very useful as well. I have a good selection of files, but I never thought to use them. I'll have to give that a try.

I think that I'll also give a different type of body filler a try as well. The biggest thing that I don't like about Bondo is that it sets way to fast.

My Virgin ADV Trip
, Rocks Flyin', Me Cryin', and God Looking On - A WABDR Adventure, Fun With Carbon Fiber
therivermonster is offline   Reply With Quote