View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #795
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulyses View Post
Pheww! Thanks Spud, I've been sweating bullets all day, wondering if I was going to have to disassemble the whole fork and drill out the bolt or do something crazy like that. I may just have to find a bolt and cut it to size. Do you think I should use some red locktite on the side that screws into the fork?
You're welcome, Bryce. Indeed, you can cut the head off a bolt and make a new stud. It might not be necessary, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to apply a drop of red locktite to the end of the stud which inserts into the fork. I would probably just purchase a bolt of the proper length, and replace the stud later, when it was convenient. If you use a bolt, don't apply any locktite to it.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote