Old 01-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #58708
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonzo View Post
Hey, Matt.

How's it going man?

Yep. Doing well. I haven't been riding much lately. Too many other projects and/or too cold.
Yeah. I saw some old posts around the `net about the Wedington range but I'm not surprized that it's no longer available. It does, however, look like there's one off of Hwy 12 in the Hobbs State Forest. But that's not real convenient for me.

Some of the Ozark/Ouachita NF web sites mention that shooting is legal (with some restrictions) so I may give them a call. (Actually, there are several ranges in the Ouachita NF.)

I can always go up to Sturm's range but, hell, all I want to do is shoot some beer cans with my .22 (or some plastic jugs full of water with my .41 mag.)

When I was a kid growing up in Little Rock I would throw my .22 or my .410 over my shoulder, walk the 3 blocks to the rail road tracks and then walk down the tracks a couple or three miles out of the city limits and shoot/hunt all I wanted. Can you imagine what would would happen to a kid walking through LR with a gun over his shoulder today??? Things just ain't like they used to be (and,,, they never have been.)

-- alonzo
Good ole days. Used to love spending the day just plinking and exploring back when I was a kid.

Hobbs State Park has a free 100 yd range, not sure if you can shoot cans and water jugs, but paper targets are fine.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote