View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #60
crobox OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Of course it's gonna open a can of worms to solicit opinions on something like the color of the cases, cuz I will end up choosing one or the other and that won't be everyone's choice.

But I'm leaning away from orange. It's too much orange. I think orange works best as an accent color.

I'm leaning towards silver. There will be considerably more silver elsewhere in the bike that is not in this photoshop image, such as the cylinder and head, the entire exhaust (which I've already painted high-heat silver), the Supertrapp, the stainless cargo rack, and the fairing (which I am considering leaving partly raw aluminum), not to mention the rims, forks, swingarm, etc.

Here's another idea... silver cases with orange accents.....

Bla bla bla. Thinking about it too much.

Regarding the KTM comments... yeah. I will probably get that. Way back when I first started thinking of rebuilding this bike, a while before even starting this thread, I was thinking of all black and orange. A KTM XL600R. I'm glad I moved on from that idea!

Zombie Joel... check your PMs.

Cheers,
Christian
crobox is offline   Reply With Quote