View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #232
ruffntuff OP
TUFRDR

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonLargiader View Post
Great story. The 'confident' part really rang true with me; that one word best sums up how I felt after a similar trip about ten years ago. A couple of weeks/months of total mobile self-sufficiency does wonders.

It was neat to see Bee right there on the first page. What a great guy; I can totally see him giving you that encouragement.

I probably never met Dan but some friends knew him well. I can't speak with authority here but I do think I understand your loss and also his presence with you on your trip. I hope you finished your trip with the reconnection you were looking for.

My wife and I were married at White Hall, probably while he was helping there. We still have some of those bottles.
Wow, small world. As you probably know Dan was also married at White Hall just a year before he was killed. He also worked at Sugarleaf Vineyards and I will recommend if you like wine to buy some. It is disappearing fast and in my opinion the best of Virginia if not the east coast. Thanks for your post.