View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #504
GrizGirl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitana View Post
I will never go back to having long hair again. I love my pixie cut. So much easier to care for when camping, or when I'm in a helmet all day.

I am itching to ride. There's enough snow/ice that it's not possible, but not enough snow in the mid-Rockies to feel like a real winter. I'm going to do a sprocket/chain change in the back of the toy hauler. I may not be able to ride my WR, but I can at least gaze lovingly upon it.
We were going to go to Utah this weekend until we saw that the dry, still inversion will cause it to only get to 19 degrees for a high... I think we might go tear around near Pawnee on Sunday instead. You are welcome to join us. We have to trailer the big bikes out of the neighborhood as our dirt roads are ice roads right now but the other roads are clear!

As for hair - I wear mine long because it is easy and I can cut it myself, ha. My hair doesn't hold a braid well and ends up tangled close to my head so I just wear a regular pony tail and use hair detangler. It's been easy and I haven't had any issues. On cold or wet days I wear a neck gaiter, as others have mentioned - when cold it is tucked under the jacket, when a little wet I pull it over the collar of the jacket. When it's REALLY raining and I"m on the big bike I wear a hooded Marmot rain jacket over my gear and put the hood on under my helmet. Keeps me dry. On the dirt bike I sweat so badly I don't notice any additional wet coming from my hair.
GrizGirl is offline   Reply With Quote