View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #4323
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
1. Does anyone know if the pikes peak edition comes with heated grips?
2. Is this a bike you can put loads of miles on and still sleep at night knowing she is not secretly trying to self detonate in the garage as you sleep?

I am really eyeing this as my next bike. I am coming from a bmw GS that I rode 99.9% on twisting paved roads and used for day/short touring events. I put on about 8,000 miles a year and with the bmw I never really cared how many miles I piled on it. I understand the 15k service interval but wanted some real info from owners that are racking up the miles on a 2010-2013 multistrada.
Thanks for your help.
1) No, not as stock from the factory.

2) Lots of folks with 50k+ miles on their Mutleys now. These motors seem to be built for the long haul. Ask Dr Greg. He's got as many touring miles as anyone on them.

I also came from a GS with mainly road miles. VERY different bikes. IMO, the Multi is more of a sport bike than adventure bike, so if you're a sport bike/tarmac guy, the Mutley is a great choice.

Edit: ROFL. Olie, we gotta stop doing this.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote