View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #15398
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_N_Fodder View Post
I tell you guys, I've had a shit attitude for the last few months with all the crap going down in the US, little kids getting shot in school, etc. Just starting to weigh me down, getting pretty brittle actually. Clinging hard to my family, having a tough time controlling my emotions like a normal grown man would at times. Giving lots of long hard hugs to my kids. Probably not enough long hugs to my wife :).

But then the Dakar comes along and I get to follow a bunch of people

It's an interesting deal and one that I simply can't fathom why isn't a BIGGER deal in this country. I'm very glad to be part of it, even if barely hanging on after another 11 hour work day. Thanks a bunch you guys and gals, it's going to be weird when it's over. Now, time to do my workout (ugh), get to bed, and do it all over again...
Excellent post Fodder, there is something in there for everyone and if not look, there will be.

The emptiness of next week will be tough also, what to do with those spare minutes or hours, I don't believe I've read an online newspaper since it all started. Anyway 2 more days to enjoy
too old is offline   Reply With Quote