Thread: DR350 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #14216
Cool_Hand_Luke
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV BUM View Post
I was just playing with my new to me DR350 tonight. I am 6'5 and added 3.5 inch Rox risers tonight. I like the pivoting action as it lets me adjust the crowded feel as well. It seemed like it took the cables to the limit. The PO had some fat bars and with some adjustments with the controls all will be fine.

On my xr650l I run the 3.5 risers and quad standard bend bars. This setup is perfect for me as I can stand straight up when riding across the desert sand. I did have to get custom cables. Cables get expensive.

I will be doing the same thing as you. I am trying the Rox risers and if not enought I will go with the quad bars as well and be forced into the custom cables.

Getting a proper riding position makes a world of difference. Good luck.

Side note- My DR has RM front end so I dont know if that makes it better or worse for available cable length
Right on....I was thinking about trying some risers out if the new bars aren't enough (I just needed a new handlebar b/c the PO welded some metal inside the ends which is blocking me from adding hand guards...why he did it I do not know). I decided to order the KX High bend to play it safe so hopefully I won't need to get new cables.
Cool_Hand_Luke is offline   Reply With Quote