View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 04:39 AM   #15454
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myway View Post

dakar com

The Dakar is rarely a comfortable experience. For Hervé Thierry, his problems started as early on as the 2nd stage, with a fall in which he hurt his wrist. “Since then, I've been handicapped: I'm having to deal with the pain and I'm obliged to ride slower than my natural pace. What's more, the state of my wrist deteriorated after the stage at Cordoba, when I fell crossing the last river bed we had to cross”. Though he has managed by dint of self-sacrifice to tame his pain, Hervé was especially fighting against a constraint that is even more difficult to control on the Dakar: the exhausting of his physical resources which he can feel shrinking with every day that passes. “Seeing as I'm going slowly, I spend very long days on the tracks, especially on the link stages. I'm not managing to recover and have not been able to get enough sleep. This morning, I had to stop for around half an hour to have a lie down next to my bike, because I was falling asleep at the handlebars! As a result, I missed my starting time, which just worsened the situation. The worst was the day of the marathon stage. When it started raining, I asked myself what the hell I was doing here, and that completely broke my resistance”. Despite the tiredness and heavy eyelids, the business manager from Normandy is starting to see light at the end of the tunnel on his first Dakar: “I'm so close to the finish, so I'm going to make sure I get there”.
8340SU is offline   Reply With Quote