Thread: Manti - Wow
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #26
wiseanhyzer
\ˈwī-zən-ˌhī-zər\

Oddometer: 1,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
Here is the thing I really don't get, why would he do it? I mean he already lost his grandmother, why would he need more sympathy than that. I mean I can draw a line and say, yeah, I could see him trying to make himself into some kind of great man who overcame great adversity but it still makes no sense.

If you are going to put yourself out in the spotlight like that you better know that someone is eventually going to find out. And that is why I honestly think he was just duped into believing this girl was real, and did in fact die.

Is it odd that they never met face to face, yes, is it even more odd that they never skyped, absolutely. The fact that he has never seen this girl makes it one of the oddest stories I have ever heard.

I am just not convinced on the motivation on his part. Why would he do it? Better question, did he really think no one would find out?
Maybe I'm reading this wrong but I assume that Te'o is claiming they did meet in person.

Quote:
SI: Where did you meet her in California?
TE'O:She actually came to one of the games. She saw me at one of the games.
SI: October 15, I assume is USC?
TE'O:That was in November. But she saw me at the USC game of my sophomore year. We were still just friends, we were acquaintances.
Quote:
SI: How did you meet her?
TE'O: We met just, ummmm, just she knew my cousin. And kind of saw me there so. Just kind of regular.
SI: How long were you dating? I know that can be a complicated question.
TE'O:Oct. 15 was the official date. Of last year. I've known her for four years. So we've been friends.
SI: So you dated for about a year.
TE'O:Yeah.
So he says they met after one of his games and that they knew each other for years before they started dating. How can that be true if he was "hoaxed" into thinking she was real? It's really confusing because other people said they remember meeting her too. WTF is going on?

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote