View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #224
officerleroy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattna View Post
I'm an industrial designer and I have the opinion that basically all new bikes are too ugly to seriously desire. I cant find one modern bike that fits in to my sense of self and my style. Every bike that's not a Harley is covered in acres of wildly styled plastic parts.

To be a biker in America, it's like you have to chose from a small group of predetermined personal identities. An aggressive sport biker with chrome nazi helmet, a tattooed, america-first classic rock cruiser shitkicker, old fart on a goldwing, a yuppie dick on a ducati, or a potbellied adventure rider with a GS, multicolor onesie and huge luggage.
WTF are you talking about?? The V7 guzzi's and all of the triumph modern-retro thruxton/scrambler/bonnie's add up to a pretty good amount of new bikes that fit the "no plastics, exposed engine, tubular steel frame" bill. Ducati did the same thing a few years ago with their sport classics. Seen Honda's new CB1100 yet? I doubt it. Every major manufacturer has a standard bike as well, ie: SV650, FZ6, CB500, etc. Then theres the more aggresive nakeds like the ducati streetfighters, monsters, hypers. I could go on and on...

I don't even really know why I'm taking time to explain this. It seems like you're too busy making sweeiping generaliztions while hangin with your skinny-jeans hipster commune to stop and actually look around at what's out there. Maybe a little more time riding these newer bikes and a little less time "making bikes look cool" and you'll figure it out.

officerleroy screwed with this post 01-19-2013 at 12:54 AM
officerleroy is offline   Reply With Quote