View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #97
eatpasta OP
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,943
we were goin along when I saw a bike on the side of the road. I slowed way down and he gave me the thumbs down, so of course we stopped.

it was a really nice couple from BC in the middle of their trip. They had pulled over for something and the guys 'Wing wouldnt start. He was kind of freaking out - on his phone trying to arrange a truck to come get the bike to take it back to the border and how was he going to load it etc etc
The Wing looked brand new - and those things are dammed near legendary for their reliability. Im no mechanic but it seemed strange.....

I asked him what the deal was and he said something about the transmission was locked up and the engine wouldnt turn over..... so i asked him to take me through his start up procedure.
He turned on the key and looked at the dash and started cursing a blue streak.

The bike was in reverse.

poor guy forgot to take it our of reverse, so it wouldnt start.

a super nice couple, happy to have their bike quietly idling on the side of the road in Baja.....pride slightly bruised....

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote