View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #49
gshajisg OP
Storm-rider

Oddometer: 35
Wed 16 Jan 2013

We were going to have a city tour by bus before returning to our bikes for our ride to Bago. So after an early breakfast we checked out and left for the city toir at 9 am.

Our first stop was at the Shwe Da Gon pagoda. We spent an hour there taking in the sights. it was almost 12 by then and we proceeded for our lunch. Lunch was at YKKO Ryay-Oh & BBQ House.

Traffic in downtown Yangon was terrible. We were moving at a snail's pace ad it looked like we spent more time in the bus than viewing the sights. After lunch we continued with the sightseeing. We visited the popular Bogyoke Aung San Market. But it is a tourist enclave and if you are not sure of the prices you may not get value for your money.

We then proceeded to the police station to collect our bikes and proceed to Bago.

It was less than 50 km away. Cliff wasn't feeling too well but he managed to ride the distance. We arrived at the Bago Star hotel at dusk and after a quick shower, went for our dinner at a nearby restaurant.
Dinner was good. Giant prawns, toufu, pork chops...... in a candle light setting. Back at the hotel it was time for our chit chat session before we called it a day.

Thur 17 Jan 2013.

First thing in the morning was "spa treatment" for Loh's leaking final gear. Then we had breakfast before moving out for Mawlamyine.

We had a group photo taken at the nearby temple and the it was a 220 km ride through the lovely countryside.

Along the way we came across some dirt bike riders coming from the opposite direction. We rode into the Ngwe Moe Hotel at around 1 pm and after settling down all were fown for lunch at 2 pm.

I felt slightly feverish, maybe due ti the sudden change from cold to hot. I took a nap while the rest went up the nearby hill for sightseeing.

Uncle David, Eric and myself did not wish to go through this rough part of the last leg of our journey. So we loaded our bikes onto 3 pickups. With the bikes secured we went for our dinner and as I wasn't feeling well, decided to call it an early night.

gshajisg screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 09:24 PM
gshajisg is offline   Reply With Quote