View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #3829
dirtymartini
Shaken, Not Stirred

Oddometer: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
So, last night ended up being a bit of an experiment. My low fuel light came on during my ride into work and 1 bar was showing on the gauge. I figured I'd stop on my way home and fill up. Well....it was a long day and I just wanted to head for the barn, so I bypassed the stations on my home and pulled into the garage with no bars showing and 41 miles since the low fuel light had come on. This morning I finally fueled up at a station near my house and filled it right to the top......7.3 gallons, 42 miles since the light came on. That means I still had another 1+ gallons in the tank for yet another 35-40 miles. 260 miles were showing on the trip for that tank, so the range looks to be around 300 miles of "all roads" riding (surface streets to 75mph + freeway blasting).

My question to you other Stelviites (tm) : Do you have approx. 2 gallons left when your low fuel light comes on?

-SM
Same thing with mine.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
dirtymartini is offline   Reply With Quote