View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #15487
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Rabbi View Post
I walk up to the charcoal grey (not sure of the real name of the color, not quite silver, not quite black, didn't look too bad) and begin looking it over. Looks small. Not really small, but sport-bike small, short? Make sense?

I ask if I can throw a leg over it, and get the "Of course".. Seat was on the lowest position and that felt a bit odd, but obviously can be fixed. It was when I went to sit it up off of the side stand that everything very nearly went pear-shaped. I almost threw the bloody thing onto its side. THIS WAS NOT INTENDED!!!!

Sales dude saves it, then informs me that there was no battery, oil, or gas. That bloody thing was a tad bit lighter then I anticipated. Considering I had over six gallons in the BMW and I am used to hefting that thing up, the S10 was a bit of a surprise.

Needless to say I wasn't able to take it out. One, no fluids or battery, two, they didn't like the road conditions and didn't want to spend a day cleaning it off. I understood completely.

I was able to put it up on the center-stand (obviously very easy with all the missing fluids and battery) and sit on it. We put the seat to its' highest setting, and no. It didn't work for me. BUT, I am willing to chalk this up to familiarity and so will withhold final judgement.

I was told that by March they will allow me to take it out, if it is still available.

I am going to try and go in with an open mind. But in all honesty this thing does have a monster of a job in convincing me to ditch the 1150.

You guys do ride a pretty slick looking machine though. Like I said, it seems to be very compact front to rear and this could be an illusion. Narrow, yup, especially compared to the boxer, but I don't mind the width. Seat, not able to judge, I only sat on the thing in the shop. Wind screen, ditto, though it seemed a bit short. Controls, that will take a bit of getting used to, but I suspect it would only be a few hundred miles till I figured out where what is and be able to remember.

Yup, this will be interesting.........
That color would be matte gray, love it myself. Even fully fueled the S10 feels very light lifting it off its center stand and wheeling it about. Much lighter than my friend's GSA. Lots of seat choices if the stock one doesn't cut it for you and handlebar risers are a fairly common mod as well. Tobinators and the like make it easy to adjust the windscreen, but tall folks like to change it for a bigger one. Good luck with the test ride.
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote