Thread: star tron
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #38
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideAbout View Post
I have an old Mac 10-10 that sits in my storage shed unused for years at a time. After 5 years of NO use , it recently started on the second pull .... two stroke oil is the only additive in the 5+ year-old gas.
When we have people bragging about a Mac saw being easy to start its time to head for the fridge... Seriously, there is a reason that loggers & farmers pretty much universally walked away from Mac & Homelite saws.
I was sincere in my saw comments-ask a small engine repair shop what sort of repairs they get these days from 10% fuel. By the same token , Everything that is sold to enhance fuel storage seems to be something common and sort of a "repackage" sort of thing with a new price point? Honest appraisal of what I've read so far here & many other similar threads.
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote